Monday, September 7, 2009

Ginger is a star


We have a mellow, sweet-smelling, energetic little girl on our hands. She likes to sleep (even at night), loves ceiling fans and squawks when she tires of whatever view we have pointed her at. And she lets us know exactly when she wants the boob. Which is a often.

She is also a star of pretty much a daily photo shoot. I have sent this link out to friends and family (it will be friends-of-family safe, where this blog rarely is). I'll upload photos to it, while not daily, certainly frequently.

And I'll be back in action on the blog starting this week.

The two week mandatory chill period is nearly over! I've only cheated a few times: Saturday afternoon we three went to a BBQ/B-Day party for Michael and were happily surrounded by five young families. Baby Nikko, Tullulah and Ari were all there (recall the pregnants? We are all moms now, and many of us were in attendance.) Giacamo (six years old this week) arrived later as well, with his lovely 'rents.

Needless to say, Ginger was a hit. My friends all repeating ad infinitum how much Ginger looks like Ross. (Later that night, Ross made sure I wasn't upset by the constant comments about her having his nose, mouth, cheeks. I assured him I couldn't be happier with how she came out.)

Speaking of coming out: there will eventually be more info on the blog about the birth, the decision to go to hospital, the drive home, the healing process, etc. I want to make sure to not only record what this amazing but somehow familiar experience has been like, but to provide some of the less-discussed details of the aftermath of birth.

Because I experienced pregnancy with a close group of like-minded and not at all shy friends, I was able to ask each brand-new mom very direct questions about her experience, regrets, memories soon after giving birth. I benefited greatly. And I'd like other preggos to benefit from my (and our) experiences as well.

Also, I can't help myself! I don't call myself "Too-Much-Information Girl" for nothing. It's like my super power... to tell you way more than you wanted to know -- but to keep you coming back for more. Or at least checking back occasionally to see if I've cleaned up my act or am still intent on curling the toes of

Of course, there will be loads of "oh my god, Ginger projectile vomited today and it was SO cute!" posts as well. And photos of Ross and Ginger being cute. I am a new mom, after all, armed with a digital camera and a relatively fast dsl connection.

As you can see below (That's Fanny, having freshly delivering food to the hungry new 'rents, we allowed her to hold Ginger. Who could tell she is not currently planning to procreate, and did not approve!), we like torturing the baby. Passing her around to friends is one form of torture that we like. More on this later.


2 comments:

  1. Too much information girl... definitely your super power! I remember that time in SB when I thought I was going to vomit at breakfast in a cafe cuz you were chattering so fast!

    ReplyDelete