Wednesday, February 25, 2009

back from sick leave, better business model

My midwives are the best. Julie called yesterday. Twice. Once was a routine, early in the process call, to explain to me the workings of the billing process.

The second was to see how I was feeling.

I had left a message on Awakenings answering service on Sunday in preparation for my Monday afternoon appointment. I am supposed to let the lovely ladies know whenever I am sick. And I have been a hacking/blowing/dripping/wheezing mess since Thursday night. Oh joy!

Julie called to give some advice about how much Vit C and echinachea I am allowed (per hour, etc.) as well to ask if I needed to chat. AWWWWW! I had left a scratchy but upbeat message, at some point stating that yeah, sick, but looking at it as yet another opportunity to get rest rest rest. She still called and was all sweet and care-takery and I really know that that when things get more challenging, I've got the some damn find ladies in my corner.

While sick I've stuck to bed and couch, eating lots of comfort food, prepared by Mr. Ross, watched everything that's anygood on Fox On Demand and tried to read. Now I'm better, back to studying, soon yoga, beer ... taking care of Ross. Cause now he's the one making a mess in handkerchiefs. Ew!

And now: Boobs! From the wires that I read of Salon.

Topless cafe in Maine gives neighbors the jitters

Feb 24th, 2009 | VASSALBORO, Maine -- Cup size has more than one meaning at a new central Maine coffeehouse. Servers are topless at the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop, which opened its doors Monday on a busy road in Vassalboro. A sign outside says, "Over 18 only." Another says, "No cameras, no touching, cash only."

On Tuesday, two men sipped coffee at a booth while three topless waitresses and a bare-chested waiter stood nearby. Topless waitress Susie Wiley said men, women and couples have stopped by.

The coffee shop raised the ire of dozens of residents when it went before the town planning board last month. Town officials said the coffee shop met the letter of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment